Mevlana Exchange Program
Mevlana Exchange Programme is a programme which aims the exchange of students and academic staff between the Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries. With the regulation published in August 23, 2011 (num: 28034), students and academic staff exchange between Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries has been possible. The programme includes all higher education institutions throughout the world without discriminating between the geographical borders. The higher education institutions of EU countries benefiting from Erasmus programme will not be included in Mevlana Exchange Programme in 2014-2015 academic year. Students may study abroad for one (minimum) or two (maximum) terms and academic staff may lecture abroad from one week (minimum) to three months (maximum). Accordingly, students and academic staff from any country may benefit from this programme being hosted by Turkish higher education institutions in order to study or lecture
The Objectives of Mevlana Exchange Program
The primary objective of Mevlana Exchange Programme is to exchange students and academic staff between the Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries. Additionally, Mevlana Exchange Programme aims;
• Making Turkey a centre of attraction in higher education area,
• Increasing the academic capacity of Turkish higher education institutions,
• Contributing to the globalization process of higher education,
• Sharing the historical and cultural heritage of Turkey in a global scale,
• Enriching the culture of respect and tolerance to differences by increasing intercultural interaction
Mevlana Exchange Programme Students,
• are willing to recognize and perceive their regions and the world better,
• are open to change,
• are qualified and self-confident,
• have a strong sense of competition,
• have global knowledge and responsibility.
The students, who benefited from Mevlana Exchange Programme, can also benefit from other exchange programmes before/after participating in this programme. The students, who participate in the programme after having the requirements, will be given non-refundable scholarship during their study abroad. The students do not pay any tuition fee to the host institutions during their exchange period.
The Benefits of Mevlana Exchange Program
Mevlana students who have the opportunity to study abroad will be able to express themselves on the international level and will have both analytic and comparative point of view. The students who will study abroad thanks to this programme will have the chance to recognize cultures of their host countries in addition to the academic experience they will gain. These students, who make new friends and improve their foreign language proficiency, will have great advantage for achieving their career goals thanks to their international experience at their studies. Academic staff, who will benefit from Mevlana Exchange Programme, will have the opportunity to do researches with new academic perspectives in addition to lecturing abroad. They can continue their cooperation by the mutual interaction via various conferences, projects and seminars after returning their home institutions.
Who can benefit from Mavlana Exchange Program?
The students registered in formal education programmes in Associate Degree, B.A, M.A and PhD level at higher education institutions in Turkey (on condition that the higher education institutions signed a bilateral Mevlana Exchange Protocol) may benefit from Mevlana Exchange Programme. Additionally, all academic staff who work in a national or foreign higher education institution, on condition that the higher education institutions signed a bilateral Mevlana Exchange Protocol, may benefit from Mevlana Exchange Programme. In the scope of mobility, academic activities of academic staff can not be less than total six hours weekly. In hourly calculation of the activities performed by academic staff, courses are considered. If course hours do not complete six hours, academic activities like seminars, panels or conferences are evaluated in this context. Academic staff mobility plans which do not contain lectures shall not be considered within Mevlana Exchange Programme and accepted for the Exchange.
Application Requirements of Mevlana Exchange Program
The requirements for being a Mevlana Exchange Programme Student are;
• to be studying at associate degree, bachelor degree, master degree or phd degree of higher education programmes,
• Grade point average (GPA) of associate degree and undergraduate students must be at least 2,5 on a four point scale,
• Grade point average (GPA) of graduate students (MA, PhD) must be at least 3.00 on a four point scale,
• 50% language score + 50% GPA
• The students studying in their first year at associate or bachelor degree and the students of preparation classes and scientific preparation programmes of graduate degrees can not partic ipate in this programme at their first semester.
For the detailed info please click here.