Exchange students (Undergraduate and Graduate) are to obtain their student visas in order to study in Turkey before they come to Turkey. Students should apply to the nearest Turkish Consulate in their native country with their “Letters of Acceptance” issued by AGU. There, they can also obtain the latest information about visa procedures and the required documents.
The student visa is required in order for students to apply for a residence permit in Turkey. Here are the some important issues;
You must obtain your student visa before coming to Turkey.
The visa is stamped in the passport.
The Registrar’s Office of the Abdullah Gül University (AGU) sends the Letters of Acceptance.
Your local Turkish Consulate may require additional documents (in addition to passport and letter of acceptance).
A fee is usually charged for the issuing of a student visa.
RESIDENCE PERMIT - Application For AGU Exchange Students (Erasmus or Bilateral Agreement)
All international students need to apply for a residence permit at the Kayseri Provincial Directorate of Migration Management. You must apply for a residence permit before your Study Visa expires.
The validity of your residence permit the end date of your exchange at AGU. Please also check the validity of your passport before coming to Turkey.
The application process is as follows:
Go to the official Residence Permit Application platform and fill the online application form here (link).PLEASE FIND HERE (LINK) AN ONLINE STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION GUIDE. For Erasmus students, in "Reason for Stay" (page 20 of our step-by-step guide), please select "Erasmus Exchange". For bilateral agreement students (non-Erasmus Exchange), please select "Other Exchange Program".
Pick a day for your individual appointment and print your filled application form.
The Residence Permit fee (72 TL in January 2018) can be paid online or at the Tax Office*. Print your payment receipt.
Collect all necessary documents:
- Filled online application form,
- Payment receipt,
- 4 ID photos,
- Passport and its photocopy,
- Student certificate (to be obtained, signed and stamped, from the Student Affairs office),
- Foreign Student Information Form ("Yabancı Uyruklu Öğrenci Bilgi Formu" download the document here. After filling it, please have it signed & stamped by the Student Affairs office)
- Proof of Accommodation (students living in the AGU dorms can obtain an accommodation letter from the the Health, Culture, Sports Department (SKS))
- Proof of Health Insurance coverage (students covered by a foreign health insurance company must provide a certificate from the Turkish branch of the company. Therefore we recommend taking a private health insurance in Turkey. Please note that Travel Insurance is not accepted by the Immigration Office).
- AGU Acceptance Letter for Exchange (in English and Turkish, signed by the AGU Exchange/Erasmus Office)
- Exchange Letter from your home institution
Students whose residence permit has expired must extend it within maximum 15 days or leave Turkey. In case of an address change, the students should inform the police within 48 hours. There should be no erasures or scrapes on the residence permit. In case of loss, the Turkish National Police/ Foreigners Unit should immediately be notified.
The Immigration Office has moved to the former tax office building near Dünyam Hospital and our Vakıfbank branch. Directions HERE
Kayseri Sosyal Güvenlik İl Müdürlüğü Fatih Mahallesi İstasyon Caddesi No:44 Kocasinan KAYSERİ
Living at AGU
Watch the experiences of AGU International Students